Monday, March 30, 2009

Good luck

The AS Mock exam started today. Good luck to those who are taking the exam. I would be extremely busy these coming few weeks. First, I am involved in the time-table committee. I can foresee myself sitting for hours to come out with the new timetables for both the students and the teachers for the next Semester. The only good thing is I can prepare my own timetable to my likes.

Second, 'tons' of students' answer scripts waiting for me. I have five classes under my charge. Not only that, with different styles of handwriting: artistic type, doctor type, miniature type, hilly type (the one with the gradient at 45 degree), my eyesight power will double after that.

Third, need to plan for the coming AS practical exam. (Please don't ask me what will be coming out. Even I am 'tortured' or offered a bribe , I won't reveal a single thing.)

Fourth, need to complete my new book before the deadline.

Fifth...sixth...etc. Who said teaching is easy? Salary is low and plenty of work. The only reward is a good karma or maybe a place in the heaven. That would keep me motivated when I think of that.

7 comments:

ice-laugh said...

Sir...may i ask you a question about your previous job before you become a lecturer in TarC ??

chauky said...

I have been in the teaching line for the past 17 years. Before I entered teaching profession, I was a process engineer in a semiconductor factory. Well, I do love teaching but the amount of paper work sometimes could be a bit frustating.

Melvin Goh said...

wow,
teacher's life is as hectic as student;s life as well ,haha

Anyway
the paper was not hard,
and yet it is not consider as easy.

many script to mark?
i got one solution,
haha that is, mark it linearly la,
no need to think so much ma,

anyway sir,
thanks for all the info and stuff u provide for us.

Anonymous said...

hahaha...tq for ur wishing...hope tt it's work out

Anonymous said...

Im a student taking CIE A-lvls Chemistry too..going to further my studies in UK..
Your blog really helps me a lot..
I mean the short notes and mind maps you provide ^_^
I certainly wish to meet you in person one day..
Oh ya..about the karma thing..
It's a really great thing to hear there are still buddhists who adheres to buddha teachings! I mean..especially in KL a big city where almost everyone is greedy for money and other material wealth.

Anonymous said...

Im a student currently studying CIE A-levels in KYUEM and going to further my studies in UK..
I find ur blog really helps me in getting good grades for my chemistry and realise my dream.
I wish to meet u in person one day haha..
About the karma thing...
I m surprised that there are still buddhists who adhere to buddha teachings especially in KL such a large city where almost everyone is hunger for power and wealth.
God bless you ! :)

chauky said...

Good luck and take care when you're in UK. You are always welcome to treat me teh tarik at mamak. Hehe.. just joking. By the way, I am not a Buddist. I just want to share my knowledge.